Thursday, May 11, 2006

A long & painful spring-come on summer

So, it has been a while since I posted - in part because this has been just a tough month again. The week of April 22 was so weird, I was away at a Christian educators event, which was fantastic, but I was out of touch (no phone, no internet, no cell reception, UGH!) It turns out that my dad fell. Somehow Alzheimer's and falling are related (though I cannot for the life of me figure out what the connection is)...and so he has been in the hospital and now rehab ever since. It is VERY frustrating to not know what is coming next. He has steadily declined and now needs help sitting up even- he just doesn't have any strength or balance. And my parents are financially a mess thanks to Dad having fallen prey to about a hundred different scam artists before we realized he had alzheimers (note to all men and women, both spouses should always have a hand in finances of the family-- because no one plans for things like this to happen). And so now we wonder what will come next for them. If he gets sent home, my mom will most likely have to quit her job to take care of him. Or if he goes to a nursing home, well, we don't know that financially that can happen without them selling their home, and then, what would happen to my mom? Anyhow - this is terribly depressing, and it's all just to say that I need to knit more not less when it's stressful like this- and I need to post my thoughts more because it helps to journal, online or otherwise.
This year has been rough so far, but I am really hopeful that the summer will be beautiful and joyful and that even these struggles will pass eventually.
that's where I am today anyway...

1 Comments:

Blogger AngeliasKnitting said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your Dad. I'll keep you & your family in my prayers. :-)

11:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home