Thursday, March 30, 2006

Livin' the Good Life

This weekend I am leading a Girls retreat at work- and I am so excited about it. We have fifteen girls, two Seminary Students, my colleague and I. We'll be talking about perfectionism and using Anna Quindlan's book "Being Perfect" as well as the Mary and Martha bible story as starting points for our conversation. And we'll be teaching them some forms of meditative/prayer practices, including: baking bread, walking a Labyrinth and KNITTING. Yep- it was a little selfish- but I worked knitting into the curriculum...Ok, Hopefully, it was really for the right reasons in the end, because i really do believe that it can be an important spiritual practice for some. I have never taught others to knit- so this should be a blast!
YEA!

1 Comments:

Blogger AngeliasKnitting said...

Sounds like a great weekend. Knitting is good - I'm sure you suggested it for the right reasons! :-)

9:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home