Sunday, February 05, 2006

Superbowl, or as I call it, Knitorama

So- what's everyone knitting, cooking or reading during the superbowl? I am sure there are people out there who are really into just the football itself...but I can watch the game and knit at the same time, and I am sure I am not the only one... SO- What are you knitting friends? Let me know- also- I just signed on for the yarn Harlot's knitting olympics- seems like a neat challenge. I have decided to steal someone else's great idea and knit an Irish Hiking scarf which will be my first try at cables... So right now the house is starting to smell like slow cooked bar-b-que ribs....and I have to get going on other odds and ends- hope everyone enjoys the game! Peace!

2 Comments:

Blogger AngeliasKnitting said...

Good choice, Jacquie. I love the Irish Hiking Scarf...and you'll find out that cables aren't as complicated as they look! What yarn are you using?

I don't watch football, so I just did my normal knitting yesterday. I'm working on a sock right now.

6:36 AM  
Blogger G Dawney said...

You know, I am not a knitter. But I recently started painting in acryllics and I am having a blast with it.

Jacquie, I would like to send some scriptures that have really helped me get through some pretty tough depressions. Send me an email at gdawney at gmail dot com

This is a set of scriptures that God gave me years ago. It is pinned up on my cubicle wall at work and I keep copies of it all over the house. If they disappear, my husband starts asking for them. He uses them too.

I'm not saying that you shouldn't go to a therapist. In fact, you probably should. But please, please, please be extremely cautious about going on anti-depressant medication. They can be brutal for some people, and very addictive for others. I don't have any scientific proof of that--just personal experience.

11:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home