Saturday, February 25, 2006

Irish Scarf Gold


I finished my Scarf on Thursday night (and then was horribly ill right after that for about 24 hours- so that's the good and bad news of it).. Anyhow- that was well ahead of my goal- it was much easier than I imagined and now I feel like i kind of wimped out when it came to choosing an olympic event. Anyhow- it turned out great, and I feel like the main things I need to do to improve my knitting are simply to become much more even and consistent. Which I know from my actual Jr. Olympic days comes from practicing a lot...- that's right- you read it here- I was third place PA Jr. Olympic Air Pistol Shooter in 1997- my own weird little thing-- top two went to Colorado to train for the actual olympics,,, and I didn't like to practice- so third place it was.. Anyhow- consistency in knitting is much more fun- and so I need to work on that, and also I need to try big things, and then find good teachers when they get complicated- rather than not risking new projects because I am not sure I know all of the techniques needed to complete it.

Okay, that being said, here is a not-as-great-as-in-person Scarf Picture. It really is a pretty chocolate brown, but I don't think that comes through so well in the picture..

2 Comments:

Blogger AngeliasKnitting said...

Congratulations! (see! you finally got to the Olympics!) The scarf is beautiful!! I love that pattern (now I need to finish mine!). You are so right about practice (did you see that 1st mitten I knitted??). Try Odessa - you won't be disappointed. Glad you're feeling better.

2:26 PM  
Blogger G Dawney said...

Jacquie it's gorgeous!

Have I told you that I started painting for the first time in my life? Acrylics. You are an inspiration!

9:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home