Monday, January 23, 2006

Spoiled rotten

So in the end last week, my being depressed and miserable about my birthday led to people turning around and spoiling me rotten...and i am grateful...thanks to everyone for the b-day wishes and all the support! as for my knitting news- I went to Oh Susanna's this morning and got some beautiful pink mohair- it is rich and lovely.... I needed a lighter weight project I can keep on my lap subtley this week because I am headed off to a convocation event at the Hershey hotel, and I want to knit, but not be obvious, and my laptop bag project is just too big now to knit without being majorly noticeable, so I am going to make something smaller with the mohair...it should be fun! If any of you snb girls hear of a meeting again, let me know!

2 Comments:

Blogger AngeliasKnitting said...

It's good to be spoiled sometimes...especially when it's your birthday!

I haven't been to Oh Susannah yet. I'm itching to go to a yarn store though. I need to get something to send to my Secret Pal & I need to increase my stash!

1:46 PM  
Blogger G Dawney said...

Well, Happy Birthday! And many many more to come!

[Just so you know, I don't have regular access to a computer. Mostly Thursday nights at the Library.. so my comments may lag off every now and again.]

What is an SnB meeting?

There is no shame in asking for more information, by the way. Whether it is new skills in knitting, or parenting, or even in blogging. The only dumb questions are the ones that never get asked.

[Now actually, that isn't true. I have heard some pretty dumb questions. But not from people who are looking for new skills]

As I am at the library, I'll go and look for that book you mentioned. Although my personal historical hook is WWII and the Holocaust, I also enjoy that period of Nicholas and Alexandra and how Rasputin got into power and all of that kind of thing.

6:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home