Sunday, January 15, 2006

A little Romance (& a family pic)


So- no knitting happened this weekend- that's right- absolutely none. I got to hang out with my mom a little, have fun with Scott's family a little- and most of the last two days I seem to have spent helping a friend plan and implement a worhip service based on our trip to South Africa this summer. It was a full weekend.

On a side note about the weekend--- I had challenged Scott to TRY - as best he is able- to bring a little romance into our lives again. Good Grief, you'd think this wouldn't be that difficult! But after all the years together- I think he's forgotten what the word means. He needs some sort of "Romance for Clueless Husbands" boot camp. Is there a class I can send him to? Seriously, I would pay big bucks for one... I actually gave him examples of what I mean by romance and it got me absolutely nowhere....Arrgghhh.

So, Don't get me wrong---He's my best friend, my love and I adore him- but sometimes I could just choke him (figuratively). Valentine's day, needless to say, is not his forte...Oh well- he is a great Dad, a whole lot of fun, and I've been with him since I was 16, so I guess I'm not going to trade him in at this point. Alright, that's enough whining for one night. I'll try to both knit and post something more positive in the next day or so. (who knows, maybe in the meantime he'll surprise me with flowers and a bottle of wine or something- Yeah, Right!!!!) :-P

3 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

Thanks for your sweet comments, Jacquie! I need to get over the guilt stuff, I know! Hope to see you soon :)

1:50 PM  
Blogger AngeliasKnitting said...

LOL! Romance Bootcamp! Haven't heard of any, but if I find one, I'll be sure to let you know! My suggestion, keep suggesting things...and wait. Men usually process things differently (than women) - sometimes it takes them a while. :-)

7:36 PM  
Blogger G Dawney said...

Our Senior Minister is from South Africa! And his wife loves to knit. In fact she has started a knitting group in our church. I would like to join (sometimes) but I know I haven't got the time right now.

Sometime, when you are stuck for a post (it happens to all of us), you should tell about your trip to South Africa.

What church do you attend?

6:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home